Horse riding holidays in Greece, Crete Island.Menu
A sunny island surrounded by a clear blue sea.
A sunny island surrounded by a clear blue sea. Blessed by a warm Mediteranean climate, gorges and furtile plains.
Mountain peaks rising up to 2,5 km (8000 feet) and a coast line with a lenght of 1000 km (650 miles).
Situated in between 3 continents (Europe, Afrika and Asia) and conquered by many invaders. Created an island rich in history with influences in the food and culture. At Heraklion the ancient site of Knossos and the minoan culture, the cradle of the European contingent.
Together with the pleasant Cretans and the Greek filotimo (hospitality), it is an island worth a visit.
Visit Crete and you will come again.
Worthy trips in the hotel area are:
- Knossos and the archeological museum in Heraklion.
- The island of Spinalonga. Visit the island with small fishing boats from Plaka or organized tours from the harbour in Elounda or Agios Nikolaos.
- The Lassithi Plateau, a fertile plateau in between the tops of the Dikti Mountains known for its windmills whose white sales pump up the water to irrigate the land.
- Ancient site, the Minoan Palace of Malia.
- The village of Krasi with a water spring and very large old Platanus tree.
- Visit the village of Mochos for a drink on its central village square.
- Or maybe you prefer the traditional village of Amariano, were you will be the only tourist. A perfect place to meet the Cretans in the taverna opposite of the water springs.
With older children you might prefer a visit to the Aqua fun park for an exciting day of slides and lazy rivers. Or the Sea aquarium is worth a visit.